Thursday, September 3, 2015

End of Summer, Eli's First Day of School

Summer break ended all too quickly! I think it felt especially short because Eli went back to school on August 11th. The weekend before he went back, we went on an overnight campout with friends from church. It was a last hurrah and the kids had fun roasting marshmallows and playing with friends around the campground.




It was Emmie's first time sleeping in a tent. When we went camping in June, I had requested a cabin because I was afraid she would not do well sleeping in a tent, and it turns out my concerns were justified. She loved the tent, until she realized we expected her to sleep in it, and then she cried and cried. After many futile attempts to soothe her and help her relax, we just let her crawl around until she finally tired herself out. She woke up in the middle of the night and would absolutely not stop crying. I ended up having to take her for a midnight walk around the woods to calm her down. Needless to say, we were only too happy when it was morning. The boys loved it though and it was fun to hang out with friends.

The boys got haircuts before school started. Here is school hair Benjy.

Eli started school on Tuesday, August 11th. He lost a tooth the night before, which makes two teeth lost so far. I love his smile in this picture.


This boy is growing so fast. It seems like just yesterday that I took this picture:


Here are Eli and his friend George on the playground before school.


We love this boy. Here's to another great year!


No comments:

Post a Comment