A little over a week ago, Emmie made a visit to the doctor. On Wednesday (Oct 7) she came to me and showed me her left big toe and asked me to put a bandaid on it. It looked a little red but not too bad, so I put a bandaid on it and didn't think much of it. The next day, she was guarding it and being really whiny, so I took the bandaid off and saw that it was much more red and swollen and definitely looked infected. I was able to get her in to the doctor the following day. Here she is waiting to be seen. You certainly can't tell from these pictures she was feeling miserable.
They prescribed her antibiotics but didn't do anything else to her mega-swollen, oozy toe. Since she about jumped through the roof whenever anyone touched it, I was glad for that.
Here we are at the store filling her prescription.
Those things on Benjy's fingers are (unused) disposable otoscope covers he found at the pediatrician's. I thought he looked like Edward Scissor Hands.
Here is Emmeline feeling better. I took a picture of her toe a couple days after starting the antibiotics, and it was starting to look somewhat improved.
I didn't have to work that weekend, so we were actually able to have a regular Saturday. Justin took the kids to Jump City while I was running some errands. He got this picture of Emmie climbing like a big kid which I thought was cute.
The next week, Eli brought home a math worksheet where he was supposed to color in the adjacent hexagons that added up to 15. He completed the homework, and was doing something else, when I heard wails coming from the boys' room. Eli and Benjy both came out crying, because Benjy had gotten hold of Eli's homework and colored it all in. Eli had started crying and gotten upset with Benjy, which made him start crying. There was weeping and wailing all around. I tried to calm Eli down and told him I would write a note to his teacher explaining what happened, and that she would surely understand. He would not be consoled though until I told him I would try to find a copy of the worksheet online. It was from a subscription website, so the best I could find was a picture that some mom had taken of her kid's homework. I printed it out though at Eli's insistence, and he did the homework again. I stapled the two homeworks together and put a note on the front, hoping that Eli's teacher would enjoy the humor of the situation as much as I did. ;)
Last week Joy School was at our house. We had a fun lesson about taking care of the earth. We learned about things that come from the earth (paper products, food, etc.), ate a snack of fruits/veggies/air popped popcorn, and made a craft out of trash. I read a story to the kids about Earth Ernie and how he was visited by an alien who used to have a world like ours but didn't take care of it and had to move to a new, plastic, purple world. Right before the moms came to pick up, we went on a "trash walk" around the cul-de-sac and the kids got to pick up any trash they saw on the ground. Now whenever Benjy sees trash on the ground, he says, "If we don't take care of our world, we'll lose it." Cuute.
The kids liked watching the popcorn pop.
We made jellyfish out of plastic produce bags and tissue paper.
Here are a bunch of random pictures we found on our phones:
Benjy made a picture of the lady on Wallace and Grommit out of shapes.
Our Halloween decorations are up.
Story time before bed.
Emmie with her new kitty shirt (so her kitty dress can get washed every now and then).
Cuties. 'Nuff said.
Work selfie!




















No comments:
Post a Comment