Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Daylight Saving Time and the Octopus' Chemicals

We are still recovering from the switch to Daylight Saving time, which happened Sunday. The kids and I have been having lunch around 11 each day, and they wake up at 6 in the morning instead of 7. Since we had so much extra time the other day before it was time to leave for school, I broke open a pomegranate I had bought at the store to show the kids. It was a good way to occupy a few extra minutes.






Today Benjy was eating some crackers at the table when he said to me, "Mom, my cracker has chemicals like an octopus." My first impulse was to mumble "Uh-huh Benjy," without trying to figure out what he meant, but he was looking at me so intently I could tell he really wanted me to see what he was talking about. I looked at the cracker he was holding out and noticed the little grooves on the edge. Bingo! "You're right Benjy, the cracker does have tentacles like an octopus." I was a little surprised he knew the word chemicals, but not completely as I frequently try to scare the boys away from putting "chemicals" (anything bad and non-food) in their mouths. 








Emmie's newest accomplishment is being able to put the lids back on markers after she has taken them off. Sunday at church was the first time we saw her doing this. She's a few feet away from me practicing while I write this post (she is conscientiously objecting to naptime today). I've gotta keep a close eye though, because sometimes she likes to sneak a tip into her mouth. 





No comments:

Post a Comment