This year for Halloween, Eli decided to be a skeleton. I made the mistake of waiting until the week of Halloween to try and find a costume, and there were none to be found online or in stores. There was really no excuse for me to have waited, since Eli had wanted to be a skeleton for ages, so I knew I had to make it happen and was prepared to get creative. I found some ideas on Pinterest for homemade costumes and was prepared to go that way, but I lucked out and found the shirt part of a skeleton costume at Goodwill. It didn't have matching pants though, so I had to paint bones on some black pants that I found. Benjy went as Spiderman. He had been wanting to be Spiderman for ages, so when we
saw a costume in August at Costco, there was no way we could get out of the
store without buying it. Once we had bought it, there was no way that Benjy
could wait until Halloween to wear it. He wore the costume so much that as Halloween
drew nearer he kept trying to change his mind about what he wanted to be—he alternated
between wanting to be a skeleton like Eli and a robot. But in the end he was
happy being Spiderman. Justin’s department at work
always competes in a costume competition with the other departments, and this
year they decided to do a Ghostbusters flash mob. Justin went as the Rick
Moranis character who wears a colander helmet. We had fun hot gluing pipe
cleaners and Christmas lights to a colander I found at Goodwill. Emmie dressed
up as a spider in an adorable handmade costume we borrowed from a friend.
Friday afternoon was Eli's class Halloween party. I volunteered and took the little kids with me. There were lots of parents there so I didn't really do much helping, but Benjy had fun getting in on some of the party action.
Eli with his teacher, Mrs. Zerr.
That night we got together with some friends for some real food before trick-or-treating, then we all went out as soon as it was dark. After about fifteen minutes, Benjy was done, so I brought the littles home while Eli and Justin went around a little longer.
I've never met a spider I didn't want to squish, and this one's no exception.
I love that cute little spider tush.
No comments:
Post a Comment