The kids had a fun Halloween this year. Now that I say that, when do they not have a fun Halloween? Eli had extra fun as his class went on a field trip to the Botanic Gardens that day. He got to be in the same group as his friends Solly, Vaughan, and Helen. Solly's mom chaperoned and took pictures of the outing.
Eli's teacher, Mrs. Hinz, dressed as Mrs. Frizzle.
I helped organize Benjy's class party, so I was getting things ready for that most of the day. The kiddos got to put on their non-scary costumes at about 1:30 and the festivities began. This is Benjy's friend Sophie and her little sister, Addison, who is Emmie's "best friend." They've bonded over drop-off and pick-up.
Bennicula
I helped at the craft table, where the kiddos made bats out of toilet paper rolls.
Total sugar explosion.
Benjy's friend Nolan and their teacher, Mrs. Erwin.
I popped in and out of Eli's class party, where the kids were watching Magic School Bus and eating veggies (their teacher specifically banned sweets). The atmosphere was considerably more tranquil than in Benjy's classroom.
After school, Benjy and I made his Student of the Week poster. It was supposed to have been done over the weekend, but I didn't check the Friday folder until Monday morning... oops.
After that, we had dinner and the kiddos got dressed up (again) to go trick-or-treating. We went around our neighborhood for about an hour so we could say hi to our neighbors, and then we drove over to my grandparents' house so my family could see the kids in their costumes. My mom and sister then took the kids out for another round of trick-or-treating... they had quite a haul this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment