I have been so bad about blogging these past few months. I am way behind so I am going to just do a catch up post for the month of November and be ready to go again in December.
At the beginning of the month, our stake made some changes to ward boundaries. There were three wards meeting in our building, and one of those wards got dissolved and was absorbed by our ward and the other ward that meets at our building. So now we are still the Hidden Lake Ward but our boundaries have expanded and we have more members than before. This is great news because we gained some fantastic families with kids near our kids' ages-- yay!! It also means there are more people to have callings, so I was able to get released from my Primary calling last week and now just have to direct the ward choir. It's helpful to have church time to go through the choir closet when I am looking for new pieces.
Benjy's lion cub group had a trip to the fire station.
We got our first snow of the year at the beginning of the month. The kids had a great time playing in it, although Benjy was sad he couldn't make a big snowman. Instead, he made a snow pile.
Tuesday, November 8 was election day. I had a pleasant diversion from all the election madness in being a chaperone for the school Symphony Field Trip. I got to go with Eli's class and had Eli and a few of his classmates in my group. The kindergarteners didn't get to go on this one, but next year when Benjy is in first grade he'll get to. The kids had been well prepared for the symphony experience by their music teacher, Ms. Mogan. They listened to all of the songs in advance and learned about their composers and history.
On November 14, Benjy and his beginning orchestra class at school had their Twinkle graduation.
Saturday, November 19 the boys had their violin recital. Eli played "Waltz" and Benjy played "Lightly Row."
Benjy and his class dressed up as turkeys the week they went on break. They were so adorable!
The week of November 21 was Thanksgiving break. That day Eli got to have a playdate at his friend Solly's house. While he was there, I took the two younger ones to the Museum of Nature and Science. Tuesday we met Sophie and Addison (and their mom Chelsey) at Chick-fil-A for a playdate, and Wednesday we had Benjy's friend Nolan over to our house for a playdate. Thursday was Thanksgiving, which we spent at Donna's house this year.
That evening, my dad came into town and my whole family (except David) went out to a movie. Justin and I got to see "Dr. Strange" while my mom and brother took the kids to see "Trolls."
Friday we set up the Christmas tree and got out the decorations. Justin and my dad went to the phone store and upgraded all our phones. I now have my first iPhone-- yay!!! The camera on it is great, and that is the main thing I wanted in my new phone. I still have to get some pictures off my old phone, which is why this post is going to be pictureless for a bit until I can figure that out. Anyway, we went to Chuck-E-Cheese later that day and the kids got to play.
Saturday my dad went back to Arizona. We had breakfast together, and then we dropped him off at the new light rail station in Westminster where he caught the light rail bound for downtown and then the airport.
Later that day, we met our friends the Pearces at the zoo.
Can you find Emme?
Whew! I think that's more or less caught up, at least on the major events of the past month. Of course I missed out on blogging on the little day to day things that happened, but I'll do better this month.




No comments:
Post a Comment