So the same Sunday that Eli was reading to Benjy and Emme, Benjy started complaining his ear was itching. That night, he woke up in excruciating pain and cried almost nonstop until I was able to get him in to the doctor at 10 a.m. I have never seen him in so much pain-- I had him on Tylenol and Ibuprofen and he will still writhing in agony. We went to Target to fill his antibiotic prescription and all he wanted to do was go home. He started taking the meds and started feeling better pretty soon thereafter.
Tuesday, I had a LASIK consultation appointment. I've wanted to have my vision corrected for a long time, but they say you should wait until you're done having babies because the hormones can change your vision. I went to the consultation appointment and, well, they want me to wait until I'm done breastfeeding before doing the procedure. So, I guess I won't be getting the procedure done until next year. :( That's ok. I'll get to pick out some new glasses and that will be fun.
Justin has applied for some more jobs, but we haven't heard back from anywhere yet. He's pretty fed up with the people he works with and says he can't wait to be out of there. I have pretty mixed feelings about moving-- on the one hand it is exciting, but I also feel pretty sad thinking about leaving our friends, family, and community that we have come to love.
Our friends and neighbors, Chris and Elizabeth Johnson, had a little baby girl! Her name is Claire Eileen.We took them dinner on Wednesday-- her brother Hunter is not even two yet so they have their hands full! Eli was supposed to go to an orchestra festival that evening, but during orchestra at school that day his E string came unwound from the peg. Ms. Mogan couldn't fix it during class, and I couldn't get it fixed that evening before the festival, so he didn't go. He got to go to Scouts instead, though, so it worked out all right.
Thursday morning, Emme and I went to breakfast at McDonald's with Jen Hamer and Haley for Jen's birthday. The little girls had a fun play date running around the play place. After that, we watched the Miller girls at our house. Emme had another playdate on Friday morning with the Jones girls, Madison and Amelia. That was her fourth play date that week-- I'd say her social life was pretty robust!
Friday afternoon we watched Eli's second grade science/social studies program. It was a musical covering both weather and Arvada history. The kids sang some cute songs and did a really good job.
I got my hair cut and colored the previous weekend. It's slightly shorter and darker, more auburn.
Jane still sleeps a lot, though she is starting to be alert for more time during the day.
She has her fussy time in the evenings still. Usually dinnertime is right in the middle of it. Benjy caught this picture which captures quite well what dinnertime is usually like.
Emme likes to take selfies with my phone
and pictures of her sister.
No comments:
Post a Comment