February ended on a tragic note. A young member of our ward, Izak Luna, passed away. He was only eighteen years old, but his family said he became sick and that it was his time to go. Izak's funeral was held on March 4th. We attended the baptism of Nathan Harding that morning, and then Justin watched the kids so I could attend the funeral. We didn't know Izak well, as he had stopped coming to church, but he was still coming for the first year or so after we moved into the ward. I was in Young Women's at the time and saw him occasionally at Wednesday night activities. Heather Luna is a friend from Joy School, Activity Days, Primary, etc... the whole family is an integral part of the ward and Izak's loss was felt as a blow to the whole ward family. The funeral was well attended by ward members, family members, and friends and classmates of Izak.
During the week, the boys went with their classes to the Arvada Center to see the play "Frog and Toad" based on the books by Arnold Lobel. Jen Hamer chaperoned Benjy's class and took some cute pictures.
During the week Emme and I hung out with Cyndi and Joey. Cyndi and James are trying to adopt a baby right now, so she's getting things taken care of through the adoption agency to make that happen. They were approached about adopting the baby of a friend-of-a-friend's daughter, and there has been a bit of drama with the mother of the baby. The baby is due at the end of March, so we're all hoping and praying that everything goes as planned with the adoption.
These are a couple pieces of artwork that Benjy brought home from school.
I ordered a set of leather, engraved scriptures for Eli for his eight birthday and baptism. The scriptures arrived during the week and they were packaged in bubble wrap. The kids had fun popping the bubbles, and Emme left a piece of bubble wrap on the floor next to Jane's bed where I step when I get out of bed. If I were to make a meme of this photo, I would use the caption, "Toddler Revenge."
Eli has been such a big helper to me since Jane was born. He has really grown up and become a more responsible, helpful boy as we've expected more of him. I found him reading to Benjy and Emme on Sunday without having been asked. He is such a good boy!
Poor Jane has had a rash on her face all week. It started on the left and spread, affecting nearly her whole face at one time or another. I put eczema lotion on it and it's gone now.
Emme took this picture of Benjy. The boys are doing great with violin.
No comments:
Post a Comment