Saturday, March 4, 2017

Life Updates, Car Seat Pictures

I don't have a lot of pictures to post, so now would be a good time to give an update on life in general. Jane is such an easy and sweet little baby. She does have a fussy time in the evening around dinner time, but she falls asleep for the night pretty soon after that. She wakes up usually only once a night to nurse, and then she goes back to sleep. She doesn't even cry when she wakes up-- I know she's awake because I hear her moving around. She is smiling now, and it's so adorable to see her sweet little face light up. She is starting to hold her head pretty steady when I'm holding her, and she can raise it up for several seconds when she's on her tummy before resting it back down. It may be my imagination, but it seems like she bats at her dangling toys with her arms. She's growing and changing so quickly. 

 Every Monday, the boys have orchestra and chess club after school. Justin decided to withdraw the boys from the scout troop they were in because the troop held a lot of activities on Sunday, so they don't have that after school on Tuesday anymore. I'm not doing Lamb of God this time so Wednesdays are free. Eli just started going to church Scouts on Wednesday, so I might not go back to Chorale at all. The boys have violin lessons on Saturday mornings, but that's the only other thing we have scheduled. Life is pretty low-key right now as I enjoy having a newborn for the last time.

Recently we have started looking for jobs outside of the Denver area. Justin has been dissatisfied with his job for awhile, and the last few weeks and months have confirmed his decision to look for employment outside of MSEC. The Denver housing market has become so expensive in the time we've been living here, and we can't afford to move to a larger house in this area. We are considering moving to Colorado Springs since my mom lives there and the housing is more affordable. We are also looking for opportunities out of state. Justin submitted an application for a job in Kansas City just the other evening, so we'll see if anything happens. A move may still be several months to almost a year away, but Justin and I are both feeling like the time has come for us to make a major change. We've always known we would not stay in this house more than about five years, and we are looking forward to the next house we move to being our home all through our kids' school years. 

Sweet Jane getting ready for another trip in the car.
I think Emme made this pipe cleaner creation, and Benjy said it looked like a "dead vein."
Another car seat picture.
Saturday, Justin took the boys to a birthday party. While they were gone, the little girls and I had a girls' outing at Yogurtland.

No comments:

Post a Comment