Monday, July 24, 2017

Anniversary, Palmer Park, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo

We ventured out more the next couple weeks to explore Colorado Springs. We visited Cottonwood Park, and the kids got snow cones from a shack in their parking lot. Summer is meant for snow cones!
 I took a picture of Jane to send to my friend and coworker Jennie who gifted us this ladybug blanket before I left. 
One afternoon we went with Brad and Cassie over to Palmer Park. It's a hiking oasis in the middle of the city. We're finding that Colorado Springs has lots of places where you can escape to nature without leaving city limits, which is pretty neat.
 Emme did her own sunscreen on the way. Cutie pie!
 The kids with Brad and Cassie
 Cutie pies!
The following weekend, Justin and I celebrated our 11th anniversary. We lined up Cassie to babysit and we had dinner at our favorite restaurant so far in COS: Biaggi's. We had scrumptious Italian food, and just so we can reminisce about it for years to come, I had black linguine in lobster cream sauce and Justin had baked penne in lobster sauce. Yum!

The next day we visited the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. The zoo was originally built to house Spencer Penrose's growing collection of exotic animals, according to the zoo brochure, and he gifted the zoo to the city when he died. It's built on the side of Cheyenne mountain, so there are some zigzags and switchbacks as you climb the mountain to see the different animals. We got to feed giraffes and ride the Skyride up to the top to check out some awesome views.
 Eli looking dismayed after the giraffe's tongue touched his hand
 Wanna see how I pick my nose?
 Like this.
Waiting to board the sky ride
 Playing up at the top
I just LOVE this picture!
There was lots more zoo that we didn't get to explore, but luckily we got a pass and will be able to go back again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment